Psychological First Aid: Supporting Children and Young People.
- To understand what psychological first aid (PFA) is
- To be aware of the four stages of PFA
- To understand children’s cognitive development and responses to stressful situations over the years
- To know how to assess and identify additional needs in children and young people
- To know how to engage in effective conversations and use an active listening approach
- To be aware of grounding techniques that children and young people can use to help them feel more safe and calm