LADO: Local Authority Designated Officer
The aim of this course is to provide you with an understanding of the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and what should and need not be referred to the LADO.
This course is for anyone who works or cares for children and young people within Devon.
This course gives you the background and process of what to do if you have concerns about any adult working with children or young people on a paid or voluntary basis.
At the end of the course you should
- Understand the role of the LADO
- Feel confident about your role and responsibilities where there are concerns about someone that works with children
- Feel confident about what should and need not be referred to the LADO
- Understand the managing allegations and safeguarding concerns process
- Know what to do if you have a low level concern that do not meet the LADO threshold