The potential consequences of improperly managed hazardous substances in the workplace or care environment range from bodily injury to death. Therefore, following COSHH guidance can, in some circumstances, be a matter of life or death. Its importance cannot be overstated.
This course will give you the tools you need to protect yourself and those around you from the dangers of hazardous substances in the workplace.
The learning objectives for this course are as follows:
- To know how to identify hazardous substances
- To know how to recognize the potential health effects
- To know the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- To understand COSHH assessments
- To be aware of how to control hazardous substances
This course meets the Children’s Home Quality Standards as outlined in The Children’s Homes Regulations (England) 2015 and Children’s Homes Quality Standards 2015.